Core Faculty/ Practitioners
If you would like more information on how to become a University of Michigan Injury Prevention Center Core Faculty/Practitioner, click here.
The contents of this page will change upon selection of any of the following checkboxes.
James Ashton-Miller, PhD
- Albert Schultz Collegiate Research Professor, Office of Research, University of Michigan
- Research Professor, Mechanical Engineering, College of Engineering, University of Michigan
- Research Professor, Biomedical Engineering, College of Engineering, University of Michigan
- Research Professor, School of Kinesiology, University of Michigan
- Research Professor, Institute of Gerontology, University of Michigan
Dr. Ashton-Miller's current focus includes balance, sports injury, concussion and falls research. In the area of balance and falls, Dr....
Shervin Assari, MD, MPH
- Research Assistant Professor, Psychiatry, U-M Medical School
Dr. Assari's research interests include community mental health, suicide, violence, drug use, and high-risk behaviors.
Courtney Bagge, PhD
- Research Investigator, Veterans Affairs Center for Clinical Management Research, Ann Arbor, MI
- Associate Professor, Department of Psychiatry, University of Michigan Medical School
Dr. Bagge’s program of research aims to increase understanding of the etiology, course, and treatment of suicidal behaviors across the lifespan....
Angela Beck, PhD, MPH
- Practitioner Lead, Outreach and Translation Core, University of Michigan Injury Prevention Center
- Clinical Assistant Professor, Health Behavior and Health Education, University of Michigan School of Public Health
- Assistant Dean, Student Engagement and Practice, University of Michigan School of Public Health
- Director, Behavioral Health Workforce Research Center, University of Michigan
Dr. Beck has led and co-led numerous studies related to size, composition, practice setting, and capacity of the public health workforce. In her...
Sue Bell, PhD, MSN, FNP-BC
- Clinical Associate Professor, Health Behavior and Biological Sciences, U-M School of Nursing
Dr. Bell’s research focuses broadly on the health effects of disasters. She is particularly interested in the long-term impact of disasters on...
Frederic Blow, PhD
- Professor, Psychiatry, U-M Medical School
- Director, Addiction Center, University of Michigan
- Director, Substance Abuse Program, University of Michigan
- Adjunct Professor, Psychology, U-M College of Literature, Science, and the Arts
- Senior Research Scientist, Center for Clinical Management Research, Ann Arbor VA Healthcare System
Dr. Blow’s areas of research expertise include alcohol brief interventions in healthcare settings, substance abuse prevention, substance abuse...