Core Faculty/ Practitioners
If you would like more information on how to become a University of Michigan Injury Prevention Center Core Faculty/Practitioner, click here.
Jukka Savolainen, PhD
- Professor of Sociology & Criminal Justice, , Wayne State University
- Director, National Archive of Criminal Justice Data, Institute for Social Research, University of Michigan
Dr. Savolainen's research interests include etiological studies of criminal offending, violence, and victimization.
Jean Shope, BSN, MSPH, PhD
- Research Professor Emerita, Transportation Research Institute, University of Michigan
- Research Professor Emerita, Health Behavior and Health Education, University of Michigan School of Public Health
Dr. Shope has a substantial research publication record, and has had an extensive background in funded behavioral science research, much of it...
Vijay Singh, MD, MPH, MS
- Clinical Assistant Professor, Emergency Medicine, U-M Medical School
- Clinical Assistant Professor, Family Medicine, U-M Medical School
- Clinical Assistant Professor, Internal Medicine, U-M Medical School
Dr. Singh’s research interest is in health care identification of and response to intimate partner violence. His research has been supported by...
Steven Stack, PhD
- Professor, Criminal Justice, Wayne State University
Dr. Stack's research interests include: Social risk and protective factors for suicide, including economic strain, marital strain, dangerous media...
Sarah Stoddard, PhD, RN, CNP, FSAHM
- Co-Director, Training and Education Core, University of Michigan Injury Prevention Center
- Associate Professor, Systems, Populations and Leadership, University of Michigan School of Nursing
- Associate Professor, Health Behavior and Health Education, University of Michigan School of Public Health
Dr. Stoddard's research interests include understanding the interaction between individual factors and social and environmental factors (e.g.,...