Core Faculty/ Practitioners
If you would like more information on how to become a University of Michigan Injury Prevention Center Core Faculty/Practitioner, click here.
Philip Veliz, PhD
- Research Assistant Professor, School of Nursing, University of Michigan
- Research Assistant Professor, Institute for Research on Women and Gender, University of Michigan
Dr. Veliz's research focuses on athletes’ use and misuse of prescription opioids. In particular, he assesses whether athletes in certain types of...
Terri Voepel-Lewis, PhD, RN
- Associate Professor, School of Nursing, University of Michigan
- Associate Research Scientist, Anesthesiology, U-M Medical School
Dr. Voepel-Lewis’s research interests include Pain Assessment, Pain Behavior, Nursing Assessment, Nursing Research and Evidence Based Practice,...
Jennifer Waljee, MD, MPH, MS
- Associate Professor, Surgery, U-M Medical School
- Associate Professor, Orthopaedic Surgery, U-M Medical School
Dr. Waljee is an Associate Professor in the Section of Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery at the University of Michigan School of Medicine. Dr....
Maureen Walton, MPH, PhD
- Senior Associate Director, Injury Prevention Center, University of Michigan
- Professor, Psychiatry, U-M Medical School
- Associate Director for Child Research, Addiction Center, University of Michigan
Dr. Walton has particular interest and expertise in developing e-health and m-health interventions (e.g., web, text messaging, social media,...
Stewart Wang, MD, PhD
- Endowed Professor of Burn Surgery, Surgery, U-M Medical School
- Professor, Surgery, U-M Medical School
Dr. Wang’s research is centered on injury. His basic science research focuses on local tissue responses to injury, burns and infection. His...
Golfo Wernette, PhD, MA
- Assistant Professor, Psychiatry, U-M Medical School
- Assistant Professor, Family Medicine, U-M Medical School
Dr. Wernette’s clinical research interests include technology-delivered approaches for health promotion and the reduction of health risk...