Core Faculty/ Practitioners
If you would like more information on how to become a University of Michigan Injury Prevention Center Core Faculty/Practitioner, click here.
Stewart Wang, MD, PhD
- Endowed Professor of Burn Surgery, Surgery, U-M Medical School
- Professor, Surgery, U-M Medical School
Dr. Wang’s research is centered on injury. His basic science research focuses on local tissue responses to injury, burns and infection. His...
Golfo Wernette, PhD, MA
- Assistant Professor, Psychiatry, U-M Medical School
- Assistant Professor, Family Medicine, U-M Medical School
Dr. Wernette’s clinical research interests include technology-delivered approaches for health promotion and the reduction of health risk...
Lisa Wexler, PhD
- Research Professor, Research Center for Group Dynamics, Institute for Social Research, University of Michigan
- Professor, School of Social Work, University of Michigan
Dr Wexler's research focuses on three overlapping and complimentary areas that address both scientific and community priorities: suicide...
Jennifer Zakrajsek, MS, MPH
- Research Area Specialist Lead, Behavioral Sciences Group, University of Michigan Transportation Research Institute
Ms. Zakrajsek is experienced in qualitative research, including moderating focus groups/nominal groups, conducting structured interviews, and...
Marc Zimmerman, PhD
- Co-Director, Outreach and Translation Core, University of Michigan Injury Prevention Center
- Director, MI-Youth Violence Prevention Center, University of Michigan
- Marshall H Becker Collegiate Professor, Public Health, University of Michigan School of Public Health
- Professor, Health Behavior and Health Education, University of Michigan School of Public Health
- Professor, Psychology, University of Michigan College of Literature, Science, and the Arts
Dr. Zimmerman's primary research interests have included application and development of the empowerment theory and the study of adolescent health...