Core Faculty/ Practitioners
If you would like more information on how to become a University of Michigan Injury Prevention Center Core Faculty/Practitioner, click here.
Cleopatra Caldwell, PhD
- Co-Director, Training and Education Core, University of Michigan Injury Prevention Center
- Chair, Health Behavior and Health Education, University of Michigan School of Public Health
- Professor, Health Behavior and Health Education, University of Michigan School of Public Health
- Director, Center for Research on Ethnicity, Culture and Health, University of Michigan School of Public Health
- Co-Associate Director, Program for Research on Black Americans, University of Michigan
As a social psychologist with expertise in psychosocial and environmental factors influencing the health and well-being of Black populations, Dr....
Patrick Carter, MD
- Director, Injury Prevention Center, University of Michigan
- Youth Violence Content Lead, Research Core, University of Michigan Injury Prevention Center
- Associate Professor, Emergency Medicine, U-M Medical School
Dr. Carter’s research aims to understand the epidemiology and characteristics of firearm violence among urban youth and minority populations....
Laura Coughlin, PhD
- Assistant Professor, Department of Psychiatry, University of Michigan
Dr. Coughlin’s research focuses on treatments to improve outcomes of substance misuse in underserved populations, with a particular interest in...
James Cranford, PhD
- Associate Research Scientist, Psychiatry, U-M Medical School
In collaboration with colleagues, Dr. Cranford’s research focuses on 1) family context of substance use and substance use disorders; 2)...
Rebecca Cunningham, MD
- Vice President for Research, Office of Research, University of Michigan
- Senior Advisor, Injury Prevention Center, University of Michigan
- William G. Barsan Collegiate Professor of Emergency Medicine, Emergency Medicine, U-M Medical School
Dr. Cunningham has a distinguished career in researching intentional injury and substance use prevention including Opioids, particularly of youth...
Ewa Czyz, PhD
- Research Assistant Professor, Psychiatry, U-M Medical School
Dr. Czyz’s research interests focus on questions of how we can best identify and intervene with adolescents and young adults seen in psychiatric...