Core Faculty/ Practitioners
If you would like more information on how to become a University of Michigan Injury Prevention Center Core Faculty/Practitioner, click here.
Michael Englesbe, MD
- Cyrenus G Darling Sr M.D. and Cyrenus G Darling Jr M.D. Professor, Surgery, U-M Medical School
Dr. Englesbe’s research and policy interests focus on improving the quality and efficiency of surgical care, including perioperative optimization...
Lisa Fedina, MSW, PhD
- Assistant Professor, Department of Social Work, University of Michigan
Dr. Fedina’s research focuses on intimate partner and sexual violence and understanding structural factors (e.g., healthcare access,...
Anne Fernandez, PhD
- Assistant Professor, Psychiatry, U-M Medical School
- Licensed Clinical Psychologist, Psychiatry, U-M Medical School
Dr. Fernandez’s research focuses in the areas of substance use and health psychology, especially surgical optimization for patients with alcohol...
Carol Flannagan, PhD
- Motor Vehicle Crash Content Lead, Research Core, University of Michigan Injury Prevention Center
- Research Professor, Transportation Research Institute, University of Michigan
- Director, Center for Management of Information for Safe and Sustainable Transportation (CMISST), University of Michigan
Dr. Flannagan’s research interests include:
Bethany Folsom, CPST
- Injury Prevention Coordinator, Pediatric Trauma Program, University of Michigan C.S. Mott Children’s Hospital
Ms. Folsom's research interests include child passenger safety, bicycle safety, and safe babysitting techniques.
Jenna Goesling, PhD
- Assistant Professor, Anesthesiology, U-M Medical School
Dr. Goesling's research interests include understanding the behavioral and psychological factors that impact chronic pain, promoting health...