Core Faculty/ Practitioners
If you would like more information on how to become a University of Michigan Injury Prevention Center Core Faculty/Practitioner, click here.
Justin Heinze, PhD
- Evaluation Lead, Outreach and Translation Core, University of Michigan Injury Prevention Center
- Assistant Professor, Health Behavior and Health Education, University of Michigan School of Public Health
Dr. Heinze's research interests include developmental transitions, social exclusion/ostracism, school safety and longitudinal data methodology....
Paul Hilliard, MS, MD
- Assistant Professor, Anesthesiology, U-M Medical School
- Director, Acute Pain Service, University of Michigan
- Director, Regional Anesthesia, University of Michigan
- Medical Director, Institutional Opioid and Pain Management Strategy, University of Michigan
- Chair, Hospital Pain Committee, University of Michigan
Dr. Hilliard's research focuses on acute pain management and outcomes, acute pain assessment validation, regional anesthesia and outcomes. His...
Jingwen Hu, MS, PhD
- Research Associate Professor, Transportation Research Institute, University of Michigan
- Research Associate Professor, Mechanical Engineering, University of Michigan
Dr. Hu’s research interests primarily focus on impact/injury biomechanics in motor-vehicle crashes by a multidisciplinary approach using...
Mark Ilgen, PhD
- Professor, Psychiatry, Univeristy of Michgan
- Director, Addiction Treatment Services, University of Michigan
- Associate Director, Adult Research, Addiction Center, University of Michigan
- Research Investigator, Center for Clinical Management Research, Ann Arbor VA Healthcare System
Dr. Ilgen is interested in improving the care for individuals with co-occurring pain and addiction. This applies to those with opioid use disorders...
Jennifer Johnson, PhD
- Professor and C. S. Mott Endowed Professor of Public Health, College of Human Medicine, Michigan State University, Flint, MI
Dr. Johnson’s primary research goal is to improve mental health and substance use care for justice-involved individuals. In this work, cost,...