Post-Overdose Care in the
Linkage to Services
In this section you will find linkages to service for substance use disorders, treatment service locators, information on telehealth and more resources.
- Use this website to locate local addiction therapists, medication-assisted treatment facilities, abstinence-based recovery facilities, 12-step programs, and other peer-support groups.
Community-Specific Sites in Michigan
The following communities in Michigan have their own linkage to service websites:
- CMHPSM: Community Mental Health Partnership of Southeast Michigan
- Northern Michigan Regional Entity
- NorthCare Network
- Oakland County: Substance Use Resources
- Ottawa County: Community Mental Health and Substance Use Treatment
- Southwest Michigan Behavioral Health
- West Michigan Community Mental Health
SAMHSA and National Resources
TELEHEALTH & TELE-MAT/TELE-MOUD
For rural communities and those communities without existing SUD providers, tele-MOUD may be the only option for patients. Telemedicine is a relatively new development with growing evidence of effectiveness in delivering general medical care, behavioral health interventions, and substance use disorder treatment.
- Workit Health is the only LARA-licensed teleMAT/teleMOUD provider in the state of Michigan, with coverage through Medicaid, Medicare, and many regional insurance plans. Workit has partnered with NSF and NIDA to develop efficacious care addressing substance use disorders from prevention through medication assisted treatment.
- Outcomes Data: https://hubs.ly/H0n8hjB0
- This brief from the USDHHS outlines the exemption from the in-person medical evaluation requirement as a prerequisite for telemedicine for DATA 2000-waivered practitioners.
- This article provides evidence for peer interventions for SUD in emergency department settings.
- This webinar goes through the use of peer recovery coaches in the ED, the logistics of such a program, and the results of this program in Rhode Island.