Leadership & Staff
U-M Injury Prevention Center Leadership
Douglas Wiebe, PhD
- Director, Injury Prevention Center, University of Michigan
Dr. Wiebe’s injury prevention research focuses on conducting studies of how places, policies, and locations where people spend time have...
Patrick Carter, MD
- Co-Director, Injury Prevention Center, University of Michigan
- Youth Violence Content Lead, Research Core, University of Michigan Injury Prevention Center
- Associate Professor, Emergency Medicine, U-M Medical School
Dr. Carter’s research aims to understand the epidemiology and characteristics of firearm violence among urban youth and minority populations....
Maureen Walton, MPH, PhD
- Senior Associate Director, Injury Prevention Center, University of Michigan
- Professor, Psychiatry, U-M Medical School
- Associate Director for Child Research, Addiction Center, University of Michigan
Dr. Walton has particular interest and expertise in developing e-health and m-health interventions (e.g., web, text messaging, social media,...
Nichole Burnside, MBA
- Managing Director, Injury Prevention Center, University of Michigan
Ms. Burnside is involved in all of the core injury focus areas of the U-M IPC as part of her work as Managing Director. She has extensive...
U-M Injury Prevention Center Staff
Amanda Ballesteros, MPH
- Project Manager, System for Opioid Overdose Surveillance (SOS), Injury Prevention Center, University of Michigan
- Research Area Specialist Intermediate, Injury Prevention Center, University of Michigan
Research interests include substance use, mental health, intentional injury, and firearm violence.
Taylor Hautala, MPH
- Project Coordinator, Injury Prevention Center, University of Michigan
Taylor’s research interests include child & adolescent health, mental health, substance abuse, and health communications.
Sonia Kamat, MS
- Research Core Coordinator, Injury Prevention Center, University of Michigan
- Research Area Specialist, Emergency Medicine, University of Michigan
Ms. Kamat assists with data management on several injury prevention projects that focus on youth violence, motor vehicle crash, opioids overdose,...
U-M Injury Prevention Center Affiliates
Jessica Roche, MPH
- Managing Director, Institute for Firearm Injury Prevention, University of Michigan
Ms. Roche is the Managing Director of the U-M Institute for Firearm Injury Prevention and former Managing Director of the Injury Prevention Center....
Matthew Myers, MPH
- PhD Student, Epidemiology & Biostatistics, Michigan State University College of Human Medicine
Matthew has a particular interest in the epidemiology and health outcomes associated with substance use. He has a history evaluating policy effects...