Naloxone – Patient and Family Resources
How to use naloxone, when to get it and how much it costs, and information for people who use injectable drugs.
Please note: Naloxone is commonly know by its brand name, NARCAN.
How to Administer Naloxone in an Overdose Episode
Safety Tips for People Who Use of Inject Drugs
How and Where to Purchase Naloxone Over the Counter in Michigan
- Michigan has a standing order law requiring licensed pharmacies to dispense naloxone without a prescription. Download this card and bring it with you to a pharmacy to help you access naloxone as a life-saving resource.
Cost of Naloxone/NARCAN
NARCAN® Nasal Spray has extensive public and private insurance coverage, including Medicaid.
Approximate cost without insurance:
- Walgreens – $135.99 / 2 doses
- CVS – approx. $78 / 2 doses
- Rite Aid – $125.79 / 2 doses
Naloxone Access & Overdose Good Samaritan Laws
- Access a detailed overview of characteristics of state naloxone access laws and state overdose Good Samaritan laws in the U.S.