Pregnant Women – Patient and Family Resources
Patient resources on pregnant women with an OUD.
Resources for Patients and Families on Opioid Use During Pregnancy
- This fact sheet gives pregnant women with opioid use disorder (OUD) helpful steps to ensure they have a healthy pregnancy and a healthy baby. This resource includes things to know about OUD and pregnancy, and do’s and don’ts to keep mother and baby healthy during pregnancy.
- This fact sheet gives important things to know about opioid use disorder (OUD) treatment during pregnancy, as well as the do’s and don’ts for making sure mother and baby get the best treatment possible.
- This fact sheet talks about what pregnant women with opioid use disorder should know about and expect after the birth of their baby. This resource includes information about neonatal abstinence syndrome, baby’s needs after birth, and do’s and don’ts for understanding and responding to baby’s needs.
- This fact sheet addresses the care of women with opioid use disorder (OUD) and care of their babies after pregnancy. This resource includes information on managing OUD, caring for baby, and do’s and don’ts for creating a healthy environment at home.
- Review this fact sheet for important information on methadone maintenance treatment and how it can help pregnant mothers from using heroin or abusing opioid prescription pain medications.
- Download this fact sheet for more information about opioid use during pregnancy, neonatal abstinence syndrome, and best practices for improving maternal and fetal health.