Core Faculty/ Practitioners
We work closely with faculty and practitioners across many disciplines, university departments, and locations throughout the University of Michigan and the nation. These research experts generate and share new findings about injury prevention that can impact both policy and behavior. Their work may encompass both intentional injury and unintentional injury. We are excited to share and help translate and disseminate the research findings of this productive community. Search the directory of these Core Faculty/Practitioners to discover potential opportunities for research partnerships and collaboration. You may also search on injury focus area and find all in our research community who specialize in that area.
If you would like more information on how to become a University of Michigan Injury Prevention Center Core Faculty/Practitioner, click here.
The contents of this page will change upon selection of any of the following checkboxes.
Antonia Abbey, PhD
- Professor, Psychology, Wayne State University
Dr. Abbey has a longstanding interest in women's health and preventing violence against women. Most of her recent research focuses on understanding...
Mahshid Abir, MD, MSc
- Assistant Professor, Emergency Medicine, University of Michigan
Dr. Abir’s research focus is in evaluating the continuum of acute care delivery in the United States, including pre-hospital, emergency,...
Neil Alexander, MD, MS
- Older Adult Falls Content Lead, Research Core, University of Michigan Injury Prevention Center
- Professor, Internal Medicine, U-M Medical School
- Research Professor, Institute of Gerontology, University of Michigan
- Director, VA Ann Arbor Geriatric Research Education and Clinical Center, Michigan
Dr. Alexander has a special interest in exercise, mobility, falls and rehabilitation in older adults. The primary focus of his work is assessments...
Andrea Almeida, MD
- Assistant Professor, Neurology, University of Michigan Medical School
- Co-Director, Michigan NeuroSport, University of Michigan
Dr. Almeida’s research interests include early exercise intervention for concussed athletes, sport specific return to play algorithms, and acute...
Bara Alsalaheen, PT, PhD
- Associate Professor, Physical Therapy, College of Health Sciences, University of Michigan-Flint
- Research Assistant Professor, Neurology, U-M Medical School
Dr. Alsalaheen's areas of clinical and research interests include:
Elizabeth Armstrong, PhD
- Professor, Sociology, U-M College of Literature, Science, and the Arts
- Professor, Organizational Studies, U-M College of Literature, Science, and the Arts
- Professor, Women's Studies, U-M College of Literature, Science, and the Arts
- Faculty Associate, Population Studies Center, U-M Institute for Social Research
Dr. Armstrong is a sociologist with research interests in the areas of sexuality and sexual violence, gender, culture, organizations, social...