Core Faculty/ Practitioners
If you would like more information on how to become a University of Michigan Injury Prevention Center Core Faculty/Practitioner, click here.
Antonia Abbey, PhD
- Professor, Psychology, Wayne State University
Dr. Abbey has a longstanding interest in women's health and preventing violence against women. Most of her recent research focuses on understanding...
Mahshid Abir, MD, MSc
- Associate Professor, Emergency Medicine, University of Michigan
Dr. Abir’s research focus is in evaluating the continuum of acute care delivery in the United States, including pre-hospital, emergency,...
Neil Alexander, MD, MS
- Older Adult Falls Content Lead, Research Core, University of Michigan Injury Prevention Center
- Ivan Duff Collegiate Professor of Geriatric and Palliative Medicine, Internal Medicine, U-M Medical School
- Research Professor, Institute of Gerontology, University of Michigan
- Director, VA Ann Arbor Geriatric Research Education and Clinical Center, Michigan
Dr. Alexander has a special interest in exercise, mobility, falls and rehabilitation in older adults. The primary focus of his work is assessments...
Andrea Almeida, MD
- Assistant Professor, Neurology, University of Michigan Medical School
- Co-Director, Michigan NeuroSport, University of Michigan
Dr. Almeida’s research interests include early exercise intervention for concussed athletes, sport specific return to play algorithms, and acute...
Bara Alsalaheen, PT, PhD
- Associate Professor, Physical Therapy, College of Health Sciences, University of Michigan-Flint
- Research Assistant Professor, Neurology, U-M Medical School
Dr. Alsalaheen's areas of clinical and research interests include:
Elizabeth A. Armstrong, PhD
- Faculty Affiliate, Center for Inequality Dynamics, Institute for Social Research
- Faculty Affiliate, Initiative on Ending Gender-Based Violence and Sexual Harassment, Institute for Research on Women and Gender
- Professor, Sociology, U-M College of Literature, Science, and the Arts
- Professor, Organizational Studies, U-M College of Literature, Science, and the Arts
- Professor, Women's and Gender Studies, U-M College of Literature, Science, and the Arts
- Faculty Associate, Population Studies Center, U-M Institute for Social Research
Dr. Armstrong is a sociologist with research interests in the areas of sexuality and sexual violence, gender, culture, organizations, social...